A randomised phase II trial to compare the toxicity, tolerability and activity of 2-drug combinations of nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI's) lamivudine [(-)2'-deoxy-3'thiacytidine, 3tc], zidovudine (ZDV) and 1592U89 [abacavir].
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Drugs Nelfinavir (Primary) ; Abacavir; Lamivudine; Zidovudine
- Indications HIV infections; HIV-1 infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PENTA-5
- 23 Jul 2009 Actual end date (31 Jul 1999) added as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.
- 23 Jul 2009 Additional lead trial centres, planned patient number (120) and actual initiation date (23 Jan 1998) added as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.
- 23 Jul 2009 Planned patient number (120) added as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History