A Randomised Placebo Controlled Trial of a Cholinesterase Inhibitor in the Management of Agitation in Dementia That is Unresponsive to a Psychological Intervention.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Donepezil (Primary) ; Risperidone
- Indications Agitation; Alzheimer's disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CALM-AD
- 09 Sep 2009 Planned number of patients changed from 190 to 285 as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.
- 04 Oct 2007 Results have been published in the New England Journal of Medicine 357: 1382-1392, No. 14.
- 11 Dec 2005 New trial record.