A randomized trial comparing preservation of function status after either Medpulser electroporation with intratumoral bleomycin therapy [Selective Electrochemical Tumor Ablation, SECTA; Inovio Biomedical Corporation] or surgery in patients with locally recurrent or second primary squamous cell carcinoma of the anterior oral cavity, soft palate, or tonsil that have failed primary curative therapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 27 Sep 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Bleomycin (Primary)
- Indications Head and neck cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 24 Jul 2012 Interim results were presented at the 8th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer in Toronto.
- 23 Jul 2012 Primary endpoint 'EORTC-Quality-of-Life-Questionnaire' has been met.
- 25 Aug 2011 Additional locations identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.