A Double-Blind, Randomized, Comparator-Controlled Study in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Comparing the Effects of Pioglitazone HCl Versus Glimepiride on the Rate of Progression of Atherosclerotic Disease as Measured by Carotid Intima-Media Thickness.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 09 Jun 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Glimepiride; Pioglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Pharmacodynamics; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CHICAGO
- 24 Jun 2010 Results investigating the effects of treatment on coronary artery calcium progression have been published in Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology.
- 07 Nov 2007 Additional results reported orally at AHA 2007.
- 14 Nov 2006 Status change