An open-label, randomized, multicenter, clinical study to compare the effects of telithromycin, azithromycin and cefuroxime axetil on the penicillin or macrolide resistance of streptococcus pneumoniae in patients with acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 07 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Azithromycin; Cefuroxime; Telithromycin
- Indications Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis; Streptococcal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PERSPECTIVE
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 07 Jun 2011 Actual end date (May 2006) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 17 Oct 2006 Status change
- 13 Jan 2006 New trial record.