The Third International Stroke Trial (IST-3) of thrombolysis for acute ischaemic stroke: an international multi-centre, randomised, controlled trial to investigate the safety and efficacy of treatment with intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) within six hours of onset of acute ischaemic stroke.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Alteplase (Primary)
- Indications Embolism and thrombosis; Stroke
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms IST-3
- 22 Dec 2016 Results (n=300) assessing baseline angiography features which predict response to intravenous thrombolytics in ischemic stroke using IST-3 trial data, published in the Stroke.
- 09 Dec 2015 Results published in the Neurology
- 20 Oct 2015 Results assessing effects of BP and BP-lowering treatment during the first 24 Hours published in the Stroke