A phase 3, randomized, open-label, comparator-controlled, parallel-group, multicenter study to compare the effects of exenatide and insulin glargine on beta-cell function and cardiovascular risk markers in subjects with type 2 diabetes treated with metformin who have not achieved target HbA1c.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Exenatide (Primary) ; Insulin glargine
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 20 Sep 2010 Results were presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 15 Sep 2010 Data will be presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, according to an Amylin Pharmaceuticals and Eli Lilly media release.
- 28 Jun 2010 Results reported at the 70th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA), according to an Amylin Pharmaceuticals media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History