Prevention of nosocomial Staphylococcus aureus infections after rapid detection and eradication of S. aureus carriage in patients at risk: a randomised placebo controlled multi-center trial.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 24 Oct 2010
At a glance
- Drugs Chlorhexidine (Primary) ; Mupirocin (Primary)
- Indications Nosocomial infections; Staphylococcal infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms STEP
- 15 Sep 2010 Primary endpoint results presented at the 50th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
- 16 Jan 2010 Status changed from planning to completed.
- 07 Jan 2010 Results published in the New England Journal of Medicine.