Effects of candesartan cilexetil (Candesartan) on diabetic retinopathy in type 1 diabetic patients without retinopathy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Jun 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Candesartan cilexetil (Primary)
- Indications Diabetic nephropathies; Diabetic retinopathy; Proteinuria
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms DIRECT; DIRECT-Prevent-1
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Jul 2009 Results of a prespecified pooled analysis of the three DIRECT trials (DIRECT-Renal) published in Annals of Internal Medicine.
- 26 Sep 2008 Results have been published in the Lancet.
- 11 Sep 2008 Primary endpoint 'Diabetic complications occurrence' has not been met, as reported in a Takeda media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History