A randomised, double-blind, double dummy, multicentre phase III study comparing the efficacy of budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort (R) Forte Turbuhaler (R)) and oral prednisolone + formoterol (Oxis (R) Turbuhaler) during two weeks, in COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease] patients with an acute exacerbation, followed by twelve weeks open follow up period with budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort Forte Turbuhaler)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Budesonide/formoterol (Primary) ; Formoterol; Prednisolone
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SPACE
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Oct 2008 Primary endpoint 'Forced expiratory volume in 1 second' has been met.
- 07 Oct 2008 Results reported at Annual Congress of European Respiratory Scoiety.
- 11 Jan 2008 Status changed from in progress to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History