A 6-week study to evaluate the combination of valsartan/HCTZ [hydrochlorothiazide] (160/12.5mg with forced titration to a maximum dose of 320/25mg) compared to valsartan monotherapy (160mg with forced titration to 320mg) as initial therapy in patients with severe hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Valsartan
- Indications Essential hypertension; Hypertension
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Nov 2011 Actual end date (Jul 2006) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 07 Nov 2011 Actual initiation date (Nov 2005) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 05 Jan 2007 Status change
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History