An 8-week, multicenter study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the combination of valsartan/HCTZ [hydrochlorothiazide]/amlodipine compared to valsartan/HCTZ, valsartan/amlodipine, and HCTZ/amlodipine in patients with moderate to severe hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine/valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Amlodipine; Hydrochlorothiazide; Valsartan
- Indications Hypertension
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 07 Nov 2011 Actual end date (Aug 2007) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 18 Dec 2009 Secondary efficacy and tolerability analysis published in Advances in Therapy.
- 09 May 2009 Results presented at the 24th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Society of Hypertension
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History