A Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Trial to Investigate the Preventive Effect of BIBR277 (Telmisartan) in Diabetic Nephropathy on Transition From Incipient to Overt Nephropathy - Incipient to Overt : Angiotensin 2 Receptor Blocker, Telmisartan, Investigation on Type 2 Diabetic Nephropathy (INNOVATION Study)
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Telmisartan (Primary)
- Indications Diabetic nephropathies
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms INNOVATION
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 26 Feb 2010 This trial was used as evidence for an application for approval of an additional indication for type 2 diabetic incipient nephropathy, according to an Astellas Pharma media release. The application was withdrawn due to insufficient data.
- 25 Jul 2006 New trial record.