Randomized, Multinational, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Two-Arm Parallel Group Trial of Rimonabant 20 mg OD for Reducing the Risk of Major Cardiovascular Events in Abdominally Obese Patients With Clustering Risk Factors.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 31 May 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Rimonabant (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Obesity
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CRESCENDO
- Sponsors Sanofi; Sanofi-Synthelabo
- 19 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 18695 to 20300.
- 14 Aug 2010 The CRESCENDO study was discontinued early due to concerns by health regulatory authorities about suicide in patients receiving rimonabant.
- 14 Aug 2010 Results were reported in the Lancet.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History