A randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, dose-response, multicentre, multinational study evaluating the efficacy and safety of AVE2268 administered either twice daily (breakfast and lunch) at a dose of 300, 600 and 1200 mg or once daily (breakfast) at a dose of 1200 mg, in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with metformin and not adequately controlled
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 06 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Drugs AVE 2268 (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Pharmacogenomic; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 07 Jul 2009 Actual patient number (317) added, additional trial locations Australia and Belgium added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 31 Oct 2008 Sanaofi-aventis has decided to discontiune development of AVE-2268 according to media release.