Multinational, randomized, double-blind, double dummy, comparative study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of 5 days telithromycin 25mg/kg OD versus 10 days penicillin V 13.3 mg/kg TID in children 6 months to less than 13 years with streptococcus pyogenes tonsillitis/pharyngitis
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Drugs Phenoxymethylpenicillin; Telithromycin
- Indications Pharyngitis; Streptococcal infections; Tonsillitis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TELITON
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 08 Apr 2009 Planned end date (1 Aug 2006) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 08 Apr 2009 Actual patient number (341) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 03 Aug 2007 Status changed from completed to suspended