A phase 3B multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy comparative trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of azithromycin SR (microspheres formulation) versus moxifloxacin for the treatment of acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (AECB)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Nov 2009
At a glance
- Drugs Azithromycin; Moxifloxacin
- Indications Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis; Bacterial infections; Chronic bronchitis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Pfizer
- 17 May 2009 Results have been reported at the 19th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
- 08 Oct 2008 Actual patient number (398) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 08 Oct 2008 Actual end date (Aug 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.