A phase III randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial to study the safety and efficacy of the addition of sitagliptin (MK0431) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who have inadequate glycemic control on combination therapy with metformin and a PPARg [peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma] agonist.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Sitagliptin (Primary) ; Glipizide; Metformin; Rosiglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck & Co
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 14 Jul 2009 Actual patient numbers amended from 300 to 262 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 29 Sep 2008 Rosiglitazone, glipizide identified as an additional treatment arm as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.