Gastrointestinal (GI) randomized event and safety open-label NSAID [nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory] study (GI-Reasons): A randomised, open-label, blinded-endpoint, parallel-group trial of GI safety of celecoxib compared with non-selective nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in osteoarthritis patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Celecoxib; Diclofenac; Meloxicam; Nabumetone; Naproxen; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories
- Indications Musculoskeletal pain; Osteoarthritis
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms GI-Reasons
- Sponsors Pfizer
- 09 Nov 2011 Results presented at the 75th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology and the 46th Annual Meeting of the Association of Rheumatology and Health Professionals.
- 02 Nov 2011 Results presented at the 76th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Gastroenterology.
- 26 Oct 2011 Actual end date changed from May 2010 to November 2010 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.