A prospective, randomized, multi-center comparative 2-arm trial of efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid (every 3-months vs. every 4 weeks) beyond approximately 1 year of treatment with zoledronic acid in patients with bone lesions from breast cancer.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 May 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Zoledronic acid (Primary)
- Indications Advanced breast cancer; Bone metastases
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ZOOM
- Sponsors Novartis
- 15 May 2013 Results published in Lancet Oncology.
- 20 Jun 2012 Actual patient number changed to 425 as reported in results presented at ASCO 2012.
- 05 Jun 2012 Primary endpoint 'Skeletal-event-rate' has been met; the experimental treatment regimen was found to be non-inferior to conventional treatment.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History