A multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, 4-arm parallel-group, 2-week study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of GW642444H (100 administered once daily in the morning via DISKUS [TM] dry-powder inhaler) compared with SEREVENT (salmeterol) (50mcg administered twice daily via DISKUS dry-powder inhaler) and placebo in subjects with moderate COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease].
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 17 Oct 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Salmeterol; Vilanterol
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Adverse reactions
- 11 May 2010 Actual end date (May 2007) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 11 May 2010 Actual patient number (71) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 15 Oct 2008 Actual start date changed from Sep 2006 to Nov 2006 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.