A double-blind, multicentric, multinational randomised study to assess the effects of one year administration of 2 g per day of strontium ranelate versus marketed bisphosphonates in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis on bone microarchitecture as measured by high-resolution peripheral-quantitative computed tomography (p-QCT).
Phase of Trial: Phase II/III
Latest Information Update: 17 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Strontium ranelate (Primary) ; Alendronic acid
- Indications Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- 12 Jul 2011 New source identified and integrated (European Clinical Trials Database)
- 10 Dec 2010 Company (Institut de Recherches Internationales Servier) added in association field as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.
- 01 Aug 2010 Results have been published in Rheumatology International.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History