A randomized, double-blind, active- and placebo-controlled, parallel group, multicenter study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of multiple doses of CG5503 [tapentadol] immediate release formulation in the treatment of acute pain from total hip replacement surgery followed by a voluntary open-label extension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Aug 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Tapentadol (Primary) ; Oxycodone
- Indications Postoperative pain
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Janssen Research & Development
- 01 Dec 2008 Additional trial identifiers R331333PAI3001 and KF5503-31 reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Dec 2008 Actual patient number reported as 365 by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 17 Jan 2008 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued.