A Phase 2, Observer-Blinded, Randomized, Multicenter Study in Healthy Adults to Evaluate Safety and Tolerability and to Compare Immunogenicity of a Single Dose of Either an Investigational Trivalent Inactivated Influenza Vaccine Produced in Mammalian Cell Culture or a US-licensed Trivalent Inactivated Influenza Vaccine (Fluvirin®) Produced in Embryonated Hen Eggs
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 03 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Influenza virus vaccine (Primary)
- Indications Influenza virus infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Pharmacodynamics
- Sponsors Chiron Corporation; Novartis
- 10 Jun 2011 Actual end date (May 2006) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 10 Jun 2011 Actual initiation date (Oct 2005) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 15 Sep 2009 Primary endpoint 'Geometric mean antibody titre' has been met; results published in Journal of Infectious Diseases.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History