A randomised controlled trial to study the side effect profile and to establish measures of efficacy using photofrin or 5-aminolaevulinic acid (ALA) photodynamic therapy in the eradication of dysplasia in Barrett's columnar lined oesophagus.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 28 Aug 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Aminolevulinic acid (Primary) ; Porfimer sodium (Primary)
- Indications Barrett's oesophagus; High-grade oesophageal dysplasia; Oesophageal cancer
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- 10 May 2011 Results presented at Digestive Disease Week 2011.
- 25 Nov 2009 Interim results presented at Gastro 2009.
- 05 Feb 2009 Status changed from not stated to completed, according to ISRCTN record.