A randomised trial of the long term clinical effects of raising HDL cholesterol with extended release niacin/laropiprant.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Niacin/laropiprant (Primary) ; Ezetimibe/simvastatin; Simvastatin
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Dyslipidaemias; Myocardial infarction; Stroke
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms HPS2-THRIVE
- 25 Mar 2013 Adverse events of this trial are reported to be consistent with those in the AIM-HIGH trial (niacin extended-release monotherapy), according to the University of Oxford media release.
- 11 Mar 2013 Results presented at the 62nd Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology. Additional information taken from slides presented at the conference.
- 09 Mar 2013 Unexpected adverse event rates (bleeding and infections) reported in an American College of Cardiology media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History