Chemoprophylaxis for HIV Prevention in Men.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (Primary)
- Indications Herpes simplex virus type 2 infections; HIV infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms iPrEX
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 29 Aug 2016 Results of this and other four studies published in the Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (2016).
- 22 Aug 2016 According to a Gilead Sciences media release, the European Commission has granted marketing authorisation in the European Union (EU) for once daily Truvada (emtricitabine / tenofovir disoproxil) for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in combination with safer sex practices to reduce the risk of sexually-acquired human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults at high risk based on data from this and PartnerPrEP (CTP 700028654) trials.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History