Prospective randomized phase IV open label comparative study of dalteparin [fragmin] vs unfractionated heparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in hospitalized acutely ill medical patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 06 Oct 2009
At a glance
- Drugs Dalteparin sodium; Heparin
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Thromboembolism
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Pfizer
- 16 Dec 2008 Planned number of patients changed from 360 to 84.
- 25 Sep 2008 Study start date changed from Aug 2007 to Jul 2007 as reported by CT.gov
- 25 Sep 2008 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued as reported by CT.gov