A prospective, randomized, double dummy, double blind, multi-center multinational trial comparing the efficacy and safety of moxifloxacin 400 mg PO QD 24 hours for 14 days to that of levofloxacin 500 mg PO QD 24 hours plus metronidazole 500 mg BID for 14 days in subjects with an uncomplicated pelvic inflammatory disease. Moxifloxacin, metronidazole, and levofloxacin in Asia (MONALISA study).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 30 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Moxifloxacin (Primary) ; Levofloxacin; Metronidazole
- Indications Bacterial infections; Gynaecological infections; Pelvic inflammatory disorders
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms MONALISA
- Sponsors Bayer HealthCare
- 10 Oct 2009 Results reported at FIGO World Congress.
- 10 Oct 2008 Bayer HealthCare reported as trial affiliate by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 07 Oct 2008 Actual number of patients (460) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History