A phase III, open label, randomized, comparative study of the antiviral efficacy of ARV [antiretroviral] therapy with lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r-Kaletra) in combination with tenofovir (TDF) versus standard of care (Kaletra in combination with 2 nucleoside RTIs [reverse transcriptase inhibitors]) in naive-HIV-1 positive patients
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Jun 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Lopinavir/ritonavir (Primary) ; Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors; Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms KALEAD
- Sponsors Abbott Laboratories
- 09 Mar 2008 Status changed from in progress to completed, updated from ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 25 Jul 2007 Interim results have been reported.
- 25 Jun 2007 New trial record.