A National, Open-Label, Multicenter, Randomized, Comparative Phase III Study of Induction Treatment With VBMCP-VBAD/Velcade Versus Thalidomide / Dexamethasone Versus Velcade / Thalidomide / Dexamethasone Followed by High Dose Intensive Therapy With Autologous Hemopoietic Stem Cell Support and Maintenance Treatment With Interferon-a Versus Thalidomide Versus Thalidomide / Velcade in Untreated Patients With Multiple Myeloma Less Than 65 Yrs Old
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 25 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Bortezomib (Primary) ; Carmustine; Cyclophosphamide; Dexamethasone; Doxorubicin; Interferon alpha-2b; Melphalan; Prednisone; Thalidomide; Vincristine
- Indications Multiple myeloma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms Pethema/GEM Study
- 25 Jun 2017 Results validating the use of Serum-Free Light-Chains (sFLC) assay in patients being treated in GEM/PETHEMA clinical trials (GEM05menos65, GEM05MAS65, GEM2010MAS65 and GEM2012menos65), presented at the 22nd Congress of the European Haematology Association.
- 08 Aug 2013 The European Commission has approved bortezomib induction therapy in combination with dexamethasone or thalidomide + dexamethasone based on the analysis of data from this trial, according to a Janssen-Cilag media release.
- 10 Dec 2012 Primary endpoint 'Progression-free-survival-duration' has been met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History