A multicentre randomised, double-blind, parallel-group study to compare the salmeterol/fluticasone propionate combination (Seretidetm Diskus 50/100) 50/100microg one inhalation twice daily with fluticasone propionate (Flixotide Diskus 100) 100microg one inhalation twice daily as initial maintenance therapy for 12 weeks in adults with persistent moderate asthma.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 06 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Fluticasone propionate; Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms Mechanistic Study
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 22 Mar 2012 Actual patient number 81 added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 14 Oct 2008 Status changed from discontinued to completed.
- 15 Jan 2008 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued.