A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Placebo- Controlled Phase III Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Quetiapine Fumarate Sustained Release (Seroquel SRTM) in Combination With an Antidepressant in the Treatment of Patients With Major Depressive Disorder With Inadequate Response to an Antidepressant Treatment (PEARL STUDY)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Quetiapine (Primary)
- Indications Depression; Major depressive disorder
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PEARL
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 22 May 2010 Results from a pooled analysis with the ONYX trial (see trial profile 15901) were presented at the 163rd Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association.
- 23 Feb 2010 Results published in the International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- 04 Dec 2009 The FDA approval of SEROQUEL for add-on treatment of Major Depressive Disorder was based on a supplemental new drug application comprising findings from this and another phase III trial (see trial profile 700015901).
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History