A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group Study to Investigate the Glucose Lowering Effect, Safety and Tolerability of 24 Weeks Treatment With Vildagliptin 100 mg o.d. Versus Placebo Followed by a 12 Weeks Treatment Period With Open-Label Vildagliptin 100 mg o.d. as Add-on Therapy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled With Metformin.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Vildagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 31 Jul 2012 Planned number of patients (400) added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 02 Oct 2009 Results presented at the 45th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).
- 21 Jul 2009 Actual end date (July 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History