A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Cross-Over, 4-Period, 4 Treatment, Within-Subject Placebo-Controlled Study to Assess the Reno-Protective Effect of Renin Inhibition With Aliskiren as an Alternative to Irbesartan in Type 2 Patients With Incipient/Overt Diabetic Nephropathy
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 28 Aug 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren; Irbesartan
- Indications Diabetic nephropathies; Hypertension; Proteinuria; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 13 Oct 2009 Actual end date (Nov 2007) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Oct 2009 Results were published in Diabetes Care.
- 07 Sep 2008 Results have been presented at EASD 2008. Primary endpoint met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History