A Double-blind, Double-dummy, Placebo-controlled, Randomized, Three Parallel Groups Study Comparing the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Pramipexole Extended Release (ER) Versus Placebo and Versus Pramipexole Immediate Release (IR) Administered Orally Over a 26-week Maintenance Phase in L-Dopa+ Treated Patients With Advanced Parkinsons Disease (PD).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Pramipexole (Primary)
- Indications Parkinson's disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 14 Nov 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 516 to 645 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database (Parent trial: EudraCT2007-000074-23).
- 17 Apr 2010 Results from the open-label phase following a switch from immediate-release to extended-release pramipexole presented at the 62nd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
- 23 Mar 2010 FDA has approved once-daily MIRAPEX ER for the treatment of idiopathic (early or late) parkinson's disease, according to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release. The FDA approval was supported by this trial.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History