A Randomized, Multicenter, Double-Blind Study to Compare the Efficacy of Single-Day Treatment (1000 mg b.i.d.) With Famciclovir Compared to That of Placebo in Patient-Initiated Episodic Treatment of Recurrent Genital Herpes in Immunocompetent Black Patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Famciclovir (Primary)
- Indications Herpes genitalis; Herpes simplex virus type 2 infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 02 Feb 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 13 Jan 2010 Primary endpoint 'Time to clinical response' has not been met.
- 13 Jan 2010 Results published in Current Medical Research and Opinion.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History