A 12-week, double-blind, randomised, parallel group, multi-centre, study to evaluate efficacy and safety of budesonide/formoterol (Symbicort Turbuhaler) 320/9 µg one inhalation twice daily on top of tiotropium (Spiriva) 18 µg one inhalation once daily compared with tiotropium 18 µg one inhalation once daily, in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Budesonide/formoterol (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CLIMB
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Jun 2012 Official title amended as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 05 Nov 2009 Symptom exacerbation results were reported at the 75th Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians: Chest 2009.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History