A multi-center, randomized, double-blind, active-control, 96 week, phase III trial of the efficacy and safety of clevudine compared with adefovir at weeks 48 and 96 in nucleoside treatment-naive patients with HBeAg negative chronic hepatitis due to hepatitis B virus.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 06 Nov 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Adefovir; Clevudine
- Indications Hepatitis B
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms QUASH-2
- Sponsors Pharmasset
- 20 Apr 2009 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued, according to Pharmasset media release.
- 08 Jul 2008 Pharmasset plans to submit the 48-week data from this study to the FDA as a basis for clevudine marketing approval.
- 31 Dec 2007 Pharmasset expects patient enrolment to be complete within the second half of 2008; reported in fiscal year end 2007 results.