A double-blind, multicentre, international randomised study to assess the effects of 6 months or 12 months administration of strontium ranelate versus biphosphonates on bone remodelling and bone safety assessed by histomorphometry in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Bisphosphonates; Strontium ranelate
- Indications Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors IRIS
- 17 Apr 2016 Results of a a sub- study (n=20) assessing bone quality at molecular level presented at the 2016 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases
- 29 Jun 2012 Additional locations added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 13 Aug 2007 New trial record.