A randomized, open label study to compare the effects, in terms of bone mineral density, serum CTX [C-telopeptide of type I collagen] and safety, of monthly Bonviva [ibandronic acid] and weekly alendronate [alendronic acid] in women with post-menopausal osteoporosis
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Alendronic acid; Ibandronic acid
- Indications Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Biomarker; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Roche
- 24 Mar 2012 Results presented at the 2012 IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis and 11th European Congress on Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis.
- 20 Aug 2008 Status change from in progress to completed according to Roche protocol registry.
- 20 Aug 2007 New trial record.