A phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, comparative study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ceftaroline [ceftaroline fosamil] versus ceftriaxone in the treatment of adult subjects with community-acquired pneumonia.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 05 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ceftaroline fosamil (Primary) ; Ceftriaxone
- Indications Community-acquired pneumonia; Staphylococcal infections; Streptococcal infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FOCUS-2; FOCUS-II
- Sponsors Cerexa; Forest Laboratories
- 05 Jun 2017 Results of subgroup analysis from two phase III studies (FOCUS-1 and FOCUS-2) presented at the ASM Microbe 2017.
- 12 Apr 2016 Results from CANVAS-1, CANVAS 2, COVERS, FOCUS 1, FOCUS 2 and Asia CAP trials (n=4055) presented at the 26th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- 28 Apr 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 550 to 626 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History