A randomized, double-blind study to assess the efficacy and safety of prophylactic use of maribavir [Camvia] versus oral ganciclovir for the prevention of cytomegalovirus disease in recipients of orthotopic liver transplants.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 16 Jun 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Maribavir (Primary) ; Ganciclovir
- Indications Cytomegalic inclusion disorders; Cytomegalovirus infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Shire; ViroPharma Incorporated
- 13 Feb 2009 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued, as reported in a ViroPharma media release..
- 13 Feb 2009 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 22 Aug 2007 New trial record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History