An open-label, multicenter study to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of a 4 week therapy with the fixed dose combination of amlodipine 10 mg plus valsartan 160 mg in hypertensive patients not adequately responding to a 4 week therapy with the free combination of an angiotensin receptor blocker (olmesartan 20 mg) plus amlodipine 10 mg
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 21 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine/valsartan (Primary)
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 02 Dec 2008 Actual patient number (256) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 02 Dec 2008 Actual end date (Dec 2007) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 02 Dec 2008 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.