A Multi-center, Prospective, Randomized, Open-label Study With Blinded Outcome Evaluation to Evaluate the Effects of Systolic Blood Pressure Lowering to Different Targets (Less Than 130 mmHg vs. Less Than 140 mmHg) on Diastolic Function Using Valsartan + Amlodipine in Patients With Hypertension and Diastolic Dysfunction.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Valsartan (Primary) ; Amlodipine
- Indications Essential hypertension; Hypertension; Left ventricular dysfunction
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EXCEED
- Sponsors Novartis
- 09 Mar 2011 Actual end date (Jan 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Feb 2010 Results published in Hypertension.
- 22 Dec 2008 Planned number of patients addede (193) as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History