A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Rifaximin 550 mg Tid in the Treatment of Subjects With Non-Constipation Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Rifaximin (Primary)
- Indications Irritable bowel syndrome
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TARGET-2
- Sponsors Salix Pharmaceuticals
- 27 May 2015 According to a media release, Rifaximin (Xifaxan) 550 mg was approved by US FDA for the treatment of IBS-D in adults based on the data from this and two other phase III trials (TARGET-1, CTP 700031240 and TARGET-3; CTP 700204719 ).
- 22 May 2012 Results of a pooled analysis from his trial (TARGET-2) and TARGET-1 presented at the Digestive Disease Week 2012.
- 22 May 2012 Pooled quality-of-life analysis presented at Digestive Disease Week 2012.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History