A double-blind, multicentric, multinational randomised study to assess the effects of two years administration of 2 g per day of strontium ranelate versus bisphosphonate in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis on bone geometry and bone strength measured by peripheral-quantitative computed tomography (p-QCT)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Strontium ranelate (Primary) ; Alendronic acid; Bisphosphonates
- Indications Postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms STRATEC
- Sponsors Servier
- 08 Jun 2012 Actual end date changed from 30 Mar 2011 to 7 Apr 2011 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 08 Jun 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 80 to 148, and trial locations added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 30 Sep 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ISRCTN: Current Controlled Trials.