A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel Group Study to Determine Whether, in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes at High Risk for Cardiovascular and Renal Events, Aliskiren, on Top of Conventional Treatment, Reduces Cardiovascular and Renal Morbidity and Mortality.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; ACE inhibitors; Angiotensin receptor antagonists
- Indications Diabetic angiopathies; Diabetic nephropathies; Hypertension in diabetes; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ALTITUDE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 03 Nov 2012 Second interim analysis published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- 03 Nov 2012 Primary endpoint 'Major-adverse-cardiac-event-rate' has not been met.
- 03 Nov 2012 Primary endpoint 'Disease-occurrence-rate' has not been met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History