Randomized, double-blinded clinical trial to evaluate the incidence and severity of neuropsychiatric side effects and antiviral efficacy of efavirenz given as a stepped dosage over 2 weeks versus the usual dosage in HIV-infected patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Efavirenz (Primary) ; Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors; Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors
- Indications HIV infections; HIV-1 infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- 04 Aug 2009 Results have been reported in Annals of Internal Medicine.
- 14 Jan 2009 Actual patient number (114) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 14 Jan 2009 Actual end date (Jan 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.