A multi-center, open-label, randomized study of the pharmacokinetics of azithromycin versus moxifloxacin in conjunctiva and aqueous humor following single or multiple ocular administration of Azasite [azithromycin] ophthalmic solution, 1 percent or Vigamox [moxifloxacin] in subjects undergoing routine cataract surgery.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Azithromycin; Moxifloxacin
- Indications Bacterial infections; Ophthalmic infections
- Focus Pharmacokinetics
- Sponsors Inspire Pharmaceuticals
- 27 Apr 2010 Additional lead trial centre and investigator identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 27 Apr 2010 Company added (Merck and Co) as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 18 Sep 2009 Actual number of patients (116) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.